Wednesday 2 March 2011

First spew

THESE ARE JUST NOTES


Voivod's 'Fix My Heart' heals the wound. It must be laughed at, but somehow I haven't been able to get Fire Inc's 'Nowhere Fast' out of my head. I only DLed it because I saw the Streets of Fire cover in Portable Grindhouse, and I was supposed to be looking for the Stunt Rock soundtrack anyway. A definite guilty pleasure. “There ain't nothing wrong with going nowhere baby, as long as we're going nowhere fast.” It's like ersatz Bonnie Tyler mating with Meatloaf infront of your eyes, but the vacuum sealed, metronomically punctuated opening does its job of pumping blood like any good film score.


Earlier this evening it was ZZ Top. Remember it from Virginia, driving past houses with 2 functional and more rotting hulks of cars per front door, and about as many bikes as Schwarzes, probably. Maybe less. It's goregous giving it to someone else who shares one's passion for the pumping pound of automobile motion. Like Motorhead, Rio Grande Mud was made for driving. And yeah, it just won't seem the same if you have to use an electric car, but then again Hank Williams would sure sound better on a horse, but I can't afford to keep one in London. Take my point?

No comments:

Post a Comment